Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. In Bulgaria which sex outnumbers the other, according to the latest census?
C. The number of men and women is more or less the same
2. Which Bulgarian airport closes after 15 October due to the construction of a new terminal?
3. Where in Bulgaria you can see dolmens?
A. In the Strandzha and the Sakar mountains
B. In the Struma Valley
C. In the vicinity of Veliko Tarnovo
4. What part of Bulgaria is covered with forests?
A. 10 per cent
B. 50 per cent
C. 35 per cent
5. Bulgarians believe that the flowers you give for a birthday or other celebration have to be...
B. An Odd number
C. Picked on the same day
6. Lactobacillus bulgaricus bacteria is crucial for preparing
A. Kiselo mlyako, or yoghurt
B. Karlovska lukanka sausage
C. Kashkaval yellow cheese
7. In 2010 over 8,300,000 foreigners visited Bulgaria for leisure and tourism. The majority of them were
8. Balgaran e galant, or Bulgaran Is Gallant, the first Bulgarian movie, premiered in
9. Which Bulgarian city boasts the largest statue of Virgin Mary in the world?
The correct answers to the questions: 1. B; 2. A; 3. A; 4. C; 5. B; 6. A; 7. C; 8. B; 9. A.