WHAT IS A KUKER?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. How many "phantom" voters were in the election register for the Belene Nuclear Power Plant referendum?
2. Former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov was "amazed" by the "poor" winter maintenance of which European capital?
3. Which Bulgarian mountain is noted for its distinctive type of oak?
A. The Strandzha
B. The Rhodope
C. The Stara Planina
4. Which Bulgarian town is famed for its traditional rugs?
5. What does the expression Balgarska rabota, or Bulgarian work, mean?
A. That something is done flawlessly
B. That someone is killed with an umbrella
C. That something is left half-finished
6. Where is Bulgaria's most popular whitewater rafting spot?
A. On the Maritsa in Plovdiv
B. On the Struma in the Kresna Gorge
C. On the Iskar north of Sofia
7. Where in Bulgaria can you visit a museum with figures of prominent historical personalities?
A. Veliko Tarnovo
8. What is a kuker?
A. A type of sausage
B. A Bulgarian mummer
C. An offensive word meaning dumbhead
9. In popular superstition, whenthere is no wood Bulgarians touch instead...
A. The floor
B. Their head
C. A stone
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – B; 9. – B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg