WHO WAS VASIL LEVSKI?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. Which major Bulgarian river flows by Sofia?
A. The Struma
B. The Danube
C. The Iskar
2. Where in Bulgaria was the world's oldest gold treasure discovered?
3. When did Communism collapse in Bulgaria?
A. In 1989
B. In 1944
C. In 2007
4. The dominant religion in Bulgaria is:
A. Roman Catholicism
B. Eastern Orthodoxy
5. With whom was Bulgaria allied during the Second World War?
A. The Axis
B. The Allies
C. It remained neutral
6. Which of the following cities was a medieval capital of Bulgaria?
A. Veliko Tarnovo
7. Who was Vasil Levski?
A. Dissident writer during Communism
B. The last Bulgarian monarch
C. A revolutionary against Ottoman rule
8. Who is on the 50 leva bill?
A. Educator Petar Beron
B. Poet Pencho Slaveykov
C. Painter Ivan Milev
9. The highest mountain peak in Bulgaria is:
A. Cherni Vrah
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – C; 2. – A; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – A; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – B.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg