WHERE IS THE CHUDNITE MOSTOVE, OR THE WONDROUS BRIDGES, NATURAL PHENOMENON LOCATED?
Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. The school year in Bulgaria begins on...
A. 1 September
B. 15 September
C. 25 September
2. How many medals did the Bulgarians won at the London Olympics?
3. The only cave in Bulgaria with prehistoric drawings is...
A. Dyavolskoto Garlo Cave, or Devil's Throat, in the Rhodope
B. Devetashka Cave near Lovech
C. Magurata Cave near Belogradchik
4. Where is the Chudnite Mostove, or the Wondrous Bridges, natural phenomenon located?
A. In the Rhodopes
B. In the Stara Planina
C. In the Strandzha
5. Which Bulgarian city has a dolphinarium?
6. Where in Bulgaria is there a natural sparkling mineral water spring?
B. Gorna Banya
7. Which Bulgarian rose from swineherd to a king after a popular revolt?
A. Simeon the Great
B. Ivan Asen II
8. The peculiar Bulgarian word for jeans is...
9. What is considered the best cure for hangover in Bulgaria?
A. A hot skembe soup and a cold beer
B. Calling your in-laws for a chat
C. Being stopped by the traffic police at 4am
The correct answers: 1. A; 2. C; 3. C; 4. A; 5. B; 6. A; 7. C; 8. C; 9. A.
Commenting on www.vagabond.bg