B. Roland Garros
C. The US Open
2. What percentage of Bulgarians have no faith in the police according to the most recent survey by Eurobarometer?
A. 83 percent
B. 65 percent
C. 49 percent
3. A Bulgarian Socialist Party plan aimed at the elderly proposes that all retirees receive:
A. An increase in their pensions?
B. Food stamps?
C. Mobile phones with free calls to emergency numbers?
4. Where in Sofia were the three wonderworking icons of the Virgin Mary from the Bachkovo, Troyan and Rila Monasteries displayed forworship?
A. The St George Rotunda
B. St Aleksandr Nevskiy
C. St Sofia
5. The Interior Ministry is now improving road safety in the country through:
A. More traffic police
B. More road signs
C. Military helicopters
6. The licensing procedure for a new mobile operator has begun. How many active operators are there in Bulgaria?
7. In which neighbourhood of Sofia did warehouses full of munitions explode on the morning of 3 July?
8. Which Bulgarian political party recently founded a women's organisation?
A. the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, or DPS
C. Citizens for the European Development of Bulgaria, or GERB
9. What can you catch if you go fishing in the Pacha Bara Reservoir near the village of Girgini in the Gabrovo region?
Check the correct answers on the next page
Correct answers: 1. A; 2. B; 3. C; 4. B; 5. C; 6. B; 7. B; 8. C; 9. A