1. Which plant grows in Bulgaria's southwest?
2. Which Bulgarian city claims to be located by rocks that look blue from the distance?
A. Stara Zagora
3. Who was Khan Asparuh?
A. The founder of Bulgaria
B. Bulgaria's first patriarch
C. Bulgaria's liberator from the Ottomans
4. In Bulgaria, they call you a Tikvenik, or pumpkin pie, when…
A. You are stupid
B. You are brave
C. You are pretty
5. The name of the Lev, the Bulgarian currency, means…
6. Which city was called Philippopolis?
7. Which church is named after a Russian saint?
A. St Aleksandr Nevsky, Sofia
B. St Nikolay, Varna
C. St Dimitar, Vidin
8. Which Thracian tomb has frescoes?
A. Mezek tomb near Svilengrad
B. Golyama Kosmatka near Kazanlak
C. Aleksandrovo near Haskovo
9. The Rezovska River defines which Bulgarian border?
A. With Greece
B. With Turkey
C. With Romania
The correct answers:
1. – C; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – A; 5. – B; 6. – C; 7. – A; 8. – C; 9. – B.