1. Bulgaria's heraldic animal is...
A. An eagle
B. A horse
C. A lion
2. What is Boza?
A. A sweet beverage
B. The name of computers made in Communist Bulgaria
C. A colloquial name for Bulgaria's political life
3. Which is Bulgaria's oldest existing political party?
A. SDS, or Union of the Democratic Forces
B. DPS, or Movement for Rights and Freedoms
C. BSP, or Bulgarian Socialist Party
4. In Bulgarian tradition, which month is considered to be "female"?
5. Which is Bulgaria's largest church?
A. St Aleksandr Nevskiy, Sofia
B. Assumption of the Mother of Christ, Varna
C. St Dimitar, Vidin
6. Which Bulgarian mountain is home of a particular oak species?
A. The Rila
B. The Strandzha
C. The Osogovo
7. Where is the Asenova Fortress?
A. In the Stara Planina
B. In the Rhodope
C. On the Vitosha
8. When was Bulgaria's Revival Period?
A. In the interwar period
B. In the 19th century
C. In the 9th century
9. The name of which Bulgarian city means "Wisdom"?
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – C; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – B; 8. – B; 9. – A.