1. Bulgarian currency, the lev, is named after which animal?
2. Which Bulgarian poet was killed in 1876 while trying to start a rebellion against the Ottomans?
A. Peyo Yavorov
B. Ivan Vazov
C. Hristo Botev
3. Bulgarians drink rakiya with...?
B. Grilled meat
C. Fried fish
4. Which Bulgarian ruler was embalmed and exhibited in central Sofia?
A. Todor Zhivkov
B. Georgi Dimitrov
C. King Boris III
5. Which part of Bulgaria has almost Mediterranean climate?
A. The southwest
B. The Danube Plane
C. The Thracian Plane
6. Officially, in Sofia there live…
A. 2 million people
B. 2.3 million people
C. 1.2 million people
7. Where is Bulgaria on the current Reporters Without Borders freedom of speech index?
8. Where is Bulgaria's only aviation museum?
A. In Sofia
B. In Plovdiv
C. In Varna
9. Bulgaria is not neighbouring which Balkan country?
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – A; 2. – C; 3. – A; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – B; 8. – B; 9. – A.