1. Which of these cities is named after a Bulgarian ruler?
2. What is the denomination of the new coin which goes into circulation on 2 December?
A. 5 leva
B. 2 leva
C. 3 leva
3. Baykusheva Mura, Bulgaria's oldest tree, is in which mountain?
A. The Rila
B. The Rhodope
C. The Pirin
4. Which Bulgarian sports star is dubbed Grisho?
A. Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov
B. Footballer Hristo Stoytchkov
C. Chess player Veselin Topalov
5. Where in Bulgaria is the Museum for Humour and Satire?
A. In Gotse Delchev
B. In Sofia
C. In Gabrovo
6. Which party won the local elections in Sofia?
B. The Reform Block
7. Which food is not a staple in Bulgarian streets in autumn?
A. Roasted chestnuts
B. Roasted pumpkin
C. Fried fish
8. How many bridges connect Bulgaria and Romania over the Danube?
9. What is the Bulgarian name of Einkorn wheat?
The correct answers to the questions: 1. – A; 2. – B; 3. – C; 4. – A; 5. – C; 6. – C; 7. – C; 8. – B; 9. – A.