1. What do Bulgarians celebrate on 20 April?
A. The April Uprising in 1876
B. Liberation from Ottoman rule in 1878
C. The Unification in 1885
2. Where are the Belogradchik Rocks?
A. In the northwest
B. In the southeast
C. In the southwest
3. In Bulgarian fairy tales, the hero has to kill a dragon, marry a princess and find a…
A. Gold chariot
B. Gold sandal
C. Gold apple
4. On Easter, Bulgarians feast on coloured eggs and…
A. Roast pig
B. Roast lamb
C. Roast chicken
5. Saints Cyril and Methodius are…
A. The creators of the first Slavonic alphabet
B. The authors of the first Bulgarian history
C. The forefathers of the Bulgarian nation
6. Which Bulgarian ruler is rumoured to have been killed by Hitler, in 1943?
A. King Ferdinand
B. Prince Alexander Battemberg
C. King Boris III
7. Which cars were assembled in Bulgaria during Communism?
C. Alfa Romeo
8. What is kachamak?
A. The Bulgarian version of polenta
B. The Bulgarian version of pork pie
C. The Bulgarian version of cupcake
9. Where are the springs of the Iskar River?
A. In the Stara Planina
B. In the Vitosha
C. In the Rila
Check the correct answers on next page
1. – A; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – B; 5. – A; 6. – C; 7. – B; 8. – A; 9. – C.