1. The high-speed motorway between Sofia and which city was finished in July 2013?
2. Anti-government protesters reenacted which painting in Central Sofia?
A. Liberty Leading the People, by Eugène Delacroix
B. Napoleon I on His Imperial Throne, by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
C. Oath of the Horatii, by Jacques-Louis David
3. The Bulgarian aniseed drink, similar to ouzo and pastis, is called...
4. Which dish is a staple in Bulgarian summer?
A. Pork with sauerkraut
B. Pumpkin pie
5. What was Sofia's name in Antiquity?
6. What is not on the UNESCO intangible world heritage list?
B. The male horo in Kalofer on Epiphany
C. The Bistritsa Grannies’ archaic polyphony music and dances
7. Considering bird species diversity in Europe, Bulgaria ranks...
8. Which Bulgarian mountain is named after the Slavic thunder god, Perun?
A. The Vitosha
B. The Pirin
C. The Stara Planina
9. Which of the following Bulgarian towns is not on the Black Sea coast?
Check the correct answers on next page
The correct answers:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – A; 4. – C; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – B; 9. – A.