1. Which rock star cut short his Sofia concert because of a bout of polluted air allergy?
A. Jon Bon Jovi
B. David Gahan
C. Anthony Kiedis
2. Where in Bulgaria can you see ancient caryatids?
A. At the Roman thermae in Varna
B. By the ancient Serdica ruins near the Office of the President
C. In the Sveshtari Thracian tomb
3. Which Bulgarian footballer announced he would terminate his career?
A. Aston Villa’s Stanimir Petrov
B. Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov
C. Espanyol’s Martin Petrov
4. What was the turnout in the 12 May 2013 snap election?
A. 68 percent
B. 51 percent
C. 42 percent
5. The tomato-and-pepper paste in Bulgaria is called...
6. Where in Bulgaria is kiwi grown?
A. In Silistra area
B. In Petrich area
C. In Burgas area
7. The name of the Bulgarian national currency, the lev, means...
8. Which car was a rare sight on Bulgarian roads under Communism?
9. What was the slogan of the Bulgarian revolutionaries during the 1876 April Uprising?
A. Freedom or death!
B. Kick the sultan out!
C. Yes, we can!
Check the correct answers on next page
The correct answers to the questions:
1. - A; 2. - C; 3. - A; 4. - B; 5. - A; 6. - B; 7. - C; 8. - B; 9. - A.