2. Who is the patron saint of the Bulgarians?
A. St Ivan of Rila
B. St Nicholas
C. St Peter
3. Orpheus is believed to have descended into Hades through the Bulgarian cave...
A. Dyavolskoto Garlo, or The Devil's Throat
4. In June, the final episode of which Bulgarian soap attracted a record one million viewers?
A. Staklen Dom, or Glass House
B. Otplata, or Payback
C. Sedem Chasa Razlika, or Seven Hour Difference
5. What is the name of the calf Prime Minister Boyko Borisov received as a birthday present?
6. The first Bulgarian national flag was...
A. A horse tail, tied to a spear
B. A hat on a pole
C. A red cloth with a golden lion
7. Which of the following is not one of the Seven Rila Lakes?
A. Salzata, or The Tear
B. Bliznaka, or The Twin
C. Uhoto, or The Ear
8. Which of these towns does not have its own brewery?
B. Stara Zagora
Near which Bulgarian town is the Madara Rider located?
C. Veliko Tarnovo
Check the correct answers on the next page
The correct answers to the questions:
1. B; 2. A; 3. A; 4. A; 5. C; 6. A; 7. C; 8. C; 9. A