2. The name of which Bulgarian city means "wisdom"?
C. Stara Zagora
3. Which alphabet did the brothers Cyril and Methodius create in the 850s?
4. The name of the new governmentmandated standard for bread in Bulgaria is...
B. Granny's Bread
C. Take That Bread
5. With how many battleships did Bulgaria participate in Operation Odyssey Dawn?
6. In a hostage drama broadcast live on national TV a young delinquent hijacked several employees in a bank in which Bulgarian city?
7. What does the Bulgarian idiom na kukuvo lyato, or "on a cuckoo summer," mean?
B. Lend me 50 leva
C. We will spend the summer holidays at the seaside
8. Which is the flattest region of Bulgaria?
A. The Danubian plain
B. The Upper Thracian lowlands
9. How many pairs of Eastern Imperial Eagles, an endangered species, nest in Bulgaria?
Check your answers on the next page
The correct answers: 1. B; 2. B; 3. A; 4. A; 5. C; 6. B; 7. A; 8. C; 9. B