A. The first civil servant in the world fired for playing Farmville at work
B. The tallest man in the world
C. The owner of the longest moustaches in the world
2. What kind of gadget was given as a present from GERB to the ministers and the MPs of the party?
A. BlackBerry 9300
C. Vertu mobile phones
3. Which expression doesn't mean "Thank you!" in Bulgarian?
4. What is the area of Bulgaria?
A. 110 000 sq.km
B. 200 000 sq.km
C. 90 sq.km
5. What are the colours of martenitsa, the twisted threads the Bulgarians put on on 1 March?
A. Black and white
B. Red and blue
C. Red and white
6. In what Bulgarian region do the Shopi live?
A. The Sofia plain and the towns of Pernik, Svoge, Radomir, Samokov
B. Plovdiv and the Thracian plain
C. Varna and the North East
7. How many Bulgarians were counted in the this year's census via Internet?
8. Which of these Bulgarian grape varieties is used in white wines?
A. Shiroka melnishka loza
9. On Todorovden, or the Day of St Theodor, which this year is on 12 March, Bulgarian traditionally...
A. Organise horse races
B. Jump over bonfire
C. Slaughter home-grown pigs
Check the correct answers on the next page
The correct answers to the questions:
1. A; 2. B; 3. C; 4. A; 5. C; 6. A; 7. C; 8. B; 9. A