Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. What happened in Bulgaria on 10 November 1989?
A. Bulgaria seceded from the USSR
B. Communist dictator Todor Zhivkov was deposed
C. Building of the Belene Nuclear Power Plant started
2. Bulgaria was founded in which year?
3. Which of these towns is a spa resort?
4. In autumn, Bulgarians traditionally eat pumpkin…
B. In latte
C. As soup
5. Which ancient people inhabited the Bulgarian lands?
A. The Thracians
B. The Etruscans
C. The Hittites
6. Which river flows entirely in Bulgarian territory?
A. The Maritsa
B. The Iskar
C. The Danube
7. The dance Bulgarians perform during feasts and celebrations is called…
8. Bulgaria's territory last changed in…
9. Which city has an international airport?
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – C; 3. – C; 4. – A; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – A; 9. – B.