Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. In Bulgaria, St George is the patron saint of...
2. In how many wars did Bulgaria participate between 1878 and 1945?
3. Where is the Petrified Wedding natural phenomenon?
A. Near Vratsa
B. In the Rhodope
C. In Melnik
4. What is not a Bulgarian meat delicacy?
A. Karlovska lukanka
B. Gornooryahovski sudzhuk
5. Where is Srebarna Nature Reserve?
A. At the Pancharevo Lake
B. At the Seven Rila Lakes
C. On the Danube
6. What is the Bulgarian name of the Aegean?
A. Cherno, or Black, Sea
B. Byalo, or White, Sea
C. Cherveno, or Red, Sea
7. The Bulgarian lev is tied to which currency?
A. The euro
B. The pound sterling
C. The Chinese yuan
8. Which city is proud of its hills?
B. Stara Zagora
9. For what is King Liberator Boulevard in Sofia famed?
A. The potholes
B. The traffic police
C. The yellow pavestones
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – B; 4. – C; 5. – C; 6. – B; 7. – A; 8. – A; 9. – C.