Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. Which place does Bulgaria take in terms of police per capita, according to the Bloomberg Agency international list?
2. In the Middle Ages, Bulgaria bordered on which sea?
A. The Adriatic Sea
B. The Baltic Sea
C. The Caspian Sea
3. What is boza?
A. A brownish fermented wheat beverage
B. A traditional Bulgarian pastry
C. A way of preparing sausages
4. Which of these is not a glacial lake?
A. Okoto, or The Eye, in the Pirin
B. The Seven Rila Lakes
C. The Srebarna Lake, on the Danube
5. What is Bulgaria’s emergency number?
6. Which Bulgarian city is notorious for its strong winds?
7. Where is the Valley of the Thracian Kings?
A. Around Plovdiv
B. Around Tarnovo
C. Around Kazanlak
8. Which Bulgarian resort grabbed the attention of UK media as a place for binge drinking?
A. Golden Sands
B. Sunny Beach
9. While dining, Bulgarians do what when there is a mention of a dead friend or relative?
A. Keep a minute of silence
B. Stand up and bow their heads
C. Pour some of their drink on the floor
The correct answers:
1. - B; 2. - A; 3. - A; 4. - C; 5. - B; 6. - A; 7. - C; 8. - B; 9. - C