Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our test to doublecheck
1. What is the relation between Cyril and Methodius, the creators of the Slavonic alphabet?
A. Father and son
2. In which Bulgarian river is there sturgeon?
A. The Danube
B. The Iskar
C. The Maritsa
3. King Liberator Boulevard in Sofia is named after...
A. King Ferdinand I
B. King George V
C. Tsar Alexandr II
4. Bulgaria has the largest astronomical observatory in the Balkans. It is in...
A. The Stara Planina
B. The Pirin
C. The Rhodope
5. What is the traditional food for St George's Day, on 6 May?
B. Stuffed carp
C. Nine lean dishes
6. On which side did Bulgaria fight in the Great War?
A. The Entente
B. The Central Powers
C. It was neutral
7. The name of which peak means "Close to God" in Arabic?
8. Which monastery is famed for its striped porticoes?
9. Which number is the current Bulgarian parliament?
The correct answers to the questions:
1. – B; 2. – A; 3. – C; 4. – C; 5. – A; 6. – B; 7. – C; 8. – C; 9. – A.