Think you know Bulgaria and the Bulgarians? Take our quiz to doublecheck...
1. At the celebration marking the 117th anniversary of the Bulgarian Socialist Party, Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev revealed his hidden talent as a:
A. Bike rider
C. Martial arts fighter
2. Which political party's leader called upon citizens not to pay taxes?
A. The SDS's Plamen Yurukov
B. Ataka's Volen Siderov
C. The Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria's Ivan Kostov
3.The Bulgarian State Railways announced that it would no longer transport passengers by train on 20 lines. Rather, the company will use:
4.Which monastery's abbot fired a flare gun on visitors, set fire at the monastery's office and then ran off?
A. Glozhenski Monastery
B. Troyanski Monastery
C. Bachkovski Monastery
5. According to the British website Home Overseas, how many Bulgarian millionaires are there?
A. 100 000
B. 200 000
C. 300 000
6. What is the name of the coach of Bulgaria's men's national volleyball team?
A. Dancho Lazarov
B. Plamen Konstantinov
C. Martin Stoev
7. Which sector has been protesting for a month for higher subsidies and sounder state policy?
C. Milk producers